Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Thank you and goodbye

As the Cardinals' train heads home through the October night, some of the players are already asleep in their berths in the Pullman cars, weary from too much "celebrating" after Game Seven. Others, such as Dizzy Dean, Rip Collins, and Joe Medwick are still going at it in the dining car, which the train has kept open late exclusively for the Cards. Manager Frankie Frisch was the first to turn off the lights in his compartment.

Teetotaling team President Branch Rickey is in another car all together.

As the train winds its way through the country side, I'd just like to thank everyone who came along for the ride.

It's been fun. I hope you enjoyed yourself as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OUTSTANDING JOB with this replay.

What's next on the agenda?

BaseballinDC said...

Undecided - this blog took control of my life for pretty close to a year. Before I embark on anything similar I'll need to find another season and era that captivated me like this one, and a system for working it that won't be so burdensome.

Thanks for reading.